Monday, August 10, 2009

Vick Needs to Play!


Ever since Michael Vick was sentenced to prison on dog fighting charges I have been upset! I know that what he did was bad and how some consider it to be "morally reprehensible" but at the same time where he came from it was considered right. In my eyes the law is only what the prevailing powers say it is at any given time. Thus leaving that debate open for discussion. I'll talk about that another time. Moreover, Vick has served his time and I believe he needs and deserves his chance to play in the NFL again.

The league before this dictator whom I can't stand and new Commissioner Roger Goodell came in the league was one of great excitement and showmanship. Now Goodell has come in and single handedly made the NFL a "No Fun League". His ability to further penalize players for off the field problems that have already been punished by the law are so far out of line. In the case of Vick he wants to suspend him for the first four games of the season. How absurd is that. In the court system there's what is called "Double Jeopardy" which doesn't allow for a person to be tried twice for the same offence, where is that hear?

Anyway if the Players Association doesn't fight this along with other small suspensions then I know I can't respect them and the players should seek some new form of representation for them. Furthermore, Vick I think will play again in the upcoming season and I think he will show out. I hope this happens because if it does then that means he can go to the bargaining table demanding a huge deal and I would be all for it. I hope Vick succeeds and makes even more money then what he was before he went to jail

No comments:

Post a Comment