Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Brett Favre to the Vikings? C'Mon Man


Now I know I'm not the only person who is not surprised that Brett Favre finally decided to sign with the Minnesota Vikings. I think it's cool but it shouldn't have went down the way it did. First off I want to get on ownership of the Vikings. The owner of the Vikings I think is so weak, for him to have so much money and power he sure is a little wuss. I know Brett Favre is a Hall of Famer and all but what kind of boss are you when you let an employee dictate to you what he's going to do and when he's going to do it. If I was the owner and was clearly competing for Favre I would let him know I'm interested but I would not tolerate certain gestures by employees; Yes I said Favre is an employee.

From a public point of view it seems like Favre can do what he wants regardless of respect for rules. I think what the owner should do to show Favre that he is an employee is this. I would let everything ride smoothly like it is now but on the season opener I wouldn't say anything to nobody until it's kickoff and then I would tell Coach Brad Childress to bench him and start Tavaris Jackson. That would let Favre know who the boss is and to serve a lesson to him and other players who think they can do what they want that I as a owner am the boss. I bet you that would get his attention real fast.

Aside from that though Favre is great and he should get to play so long as he follows the rules. And $10-12 million there is no way I would have paid that to a 40 year old quarterback with injury problems. No way, $8 million max and he would have taken it regardless. Vikings ownership you got strong armed and I would use this as a learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment