Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cuil.com


I came across this new search engine called Cuil.com. I think it's pretty similar to Bing, Lycos and Google but after searching on it for a while I see that it's a bit different. In fact, I kind of like it. Let me tell you some of the advantages of cuil.com The first biggest one I see is that unlike Google it doesn't collect data on you or your searching habits. Now it explicitly defines this on the website and I think that's pretty cool too. The next big upside to cuil.com is that the site list its pages your searching for by content and relevance which makes for an easier way to search for information. Lastly cuil.com claims to search 10 times as fast as Yahoo and 3 times as fast as Google. Now if your like me half the time I don't pay attention to how fast it gets the information but to how closely it can give me information based off input in the search engine. Thus far cuil.com has been a great site to me and you should check it out. To get their please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment